Emergency Vet Care available in Windermere, Bay Hill, Doctor Phillips, and more!
If you need help, please call the office so that we can prepare before your arrival and treat your pet accordingly.
Emergency Vet Services Offered
All you need to do is call our office ahead of time at 407-217-7700 to let us know about your pet’s condition. We will prepare for their arrival and make sure we have all the necessary tools and equipment at our disposal. Our facility offers the following emergency care services for pets.
- IV Fluid Administration
- Diagnostic Testing
- Laboratory Testing
- Ultrasounds and Digital Radiology
- Blood Pressure and Oxygen Monitoring
- Pain Management
Our veterinarians keep up to date on the latest surgical advancements for animals. We stay prepared to handle just about any situation that arrives through the doors of Luv-N-Care Animal Hospital of Windmere.
Monday-Friday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am – 3:00pm
Signs Your Pet May Need Emergency Services
An owner should contact us immediately if they notice the following symptoms of distress in their animal companion.
- Signs of blood in the stool
- Blood in vomit
- Weak or unusually fast pulse rate
- Fluctuating temperatures
- Passing out
- Broken bones or lameness in a limb
- Lethargy, heavy panting, and other signs of heatstroke
- Severe diarrhea, a sign of dehydration
- Pale gums
Dogs with deep chests can end up with gastric torsion. It occurs when they consume a large meal. The disorder causes their stomach to dilate from the build-up of food and gases, leaving the dog unable to get rid of all the excess. An owner should look for signs of a distended stomach to have them stabilized and to help them pass the food and gas out of their system.
Keeping Your Pet Stable
An owner should do what they can to stabilize a pet before bringing it in for emergency vet care.
- Apply pressure wounds and keep them elevated to slow blood loss
- Perform pet CPR to remove obstructions
- Try to relieve choking by giving the dog a sharp rap on the chest if all else fails
Contact Luv-N-Care Animal Hospital in Windmere for emergency vet care at 407-217-7700.